**Job Description: Kitchen Manager**
The Kitchen Manager position is responsible for the management of all culinary operations and duties in the restaurant. This role is directly accountable for the quality of food delivered to the guest, kitchen execution, and driving profitable sales growth.
• Reports To: General Manager/Ownership Team for TapTown Tasting Emporium & Eatery
• Supervises: Lead Employees, Kitchen Staff
• Job Duties:
• Manage the day to day operations of the kitchen ensuring that all food is consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s standards and specifications. Serve as TapTown Brand Ambassador to staff, vendors, and guests.
• Responsible for meeting financial goals concerning food cost, line and kitchen labor costs, and packaging.
• Prepare all required paperwork including invoices, employee documentation, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Train team members providing each with the knowledge, development and appropriate direction to perform his/her responsibilities effectively.
• Comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests. Accountable for health inspections, HACCP, line checks, temp logs, and safety of staff and guests.
• Responsible for ensuring monthly inventory of product is completed, variances are analyzed, and corrective action is taken if necessary.
• Control purchases and ensure budgetary guidelines are enforced. Must understand how to adjust and follow pars, product mix, invoicing, pack sizes, monitor pricing, and online purchasing. Ensures that all products are received in proper condition and that deliveries are performed in accordance to the restaurant’s expectations.
• Ensure that all equipment and the facility are kept clean and in excellent working order.
• Skills and Qualifications:
• High school diploma or GED required; must be 21 years of age
• 3 years supervision or management experience in the food service industry industry required
• Must demonstrate the following essential knowledge and skills:
• Knowledge of food operations including good knife skills, batch recipe prep, safe handling of product (HACCP), plate presentation, and effective product communication
• Able to work every station in the kitchen
• Excellent math skills
• Proficient in the use of computers
• Able to multi-task
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to lead and develop others
• Self-starter; willing to learn and be adaptable; able to self-assess
• Demonstrate close attention to detail
• Neat, professional appearance with excellent personal hygiene
• Physical, Mental, Environmental Demands:
• Must be able to be on feet for long periods of time (up to 12 hours/day, 40-50 hours/week)
• Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, kneel, twist and grasp
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry 10 pounds
• Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
• Must be able to tolerate areas containing varying noise and temperature levels, illumination, and crowds
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekend, evenings, special events, and holidays
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job.
• Supervisor: 1 year (preferred)
• Cooking: 3 years (preferred)
• High school or equivalent (preferred)
• United States (preferred)
Commensurate with experience
Profit Sharing available
• Flexible schedule
• Paid time off
• Weekends required
• Monday to Friday
• Day shift
• Night shift
Please email resume and cover letter to Attn:
Hiring Manager @ info@Tap.Town